Monday 15 December 2014

HARVEST MOUSE HOME FOR HOLIDAYS!

I have taken home on of the harvest mice which are kept at our school in the biology department.

 I will be keeping he/she for 3 weeks, and will therefore have loads of opportunities to photograph and film this little creature! I have made its enclosure as natural as possible, using straw, wheat and small twigs, whilst also providing seeds and nuts for it to feed on. 

 
I have been experimenting with different types of lighting, as I didn't want to use a flash as it could damage or distress the animal. In this photo above, I have used a Orange A3 piece of card as a backdrop to extentuate the orange tones of both the what and the harvest mouse. I am going to continue to experiment with different camera shots over the holidays, in amongst all my revision for my GCSE mocks coming up. 

If you have any ideas/advise,  please contact me: wildlifeonfilm@gmail.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment