Monday 18 August 2014

Statuesque Swans!

We often see Swans and Cygnets gliding around their aquatic estates in a very graceful manner. I wanted to portray these beautiful creatures in a heavenly way and I thought the best way of doing so would be to do some photoshop editing, playing around with contrast and brightness. I took these photos at Melbourne lake today with my Grandparents whilst on a walk with my dog, Pippin.


I decided that the best way to portray the birds as "godly" was to contrast the black tones with the white tones as this would emphasise the swan. The photo above is effective as it gives the impression that the Swan is in a heavenly place as the white background could symbolise clouds. 


The photo above gives an angelic impression in a different way, by making the swan's outline crystal clear against the harsh, black background. This contrast, along with the reflection on the water and the symmetry of the wings makes a really nice photo!


There is nothing more heavenly than a blurred picture of water shimmering in the wind! The amount of different colour tones in this photo is incredible. There is turquoise, navy, blacks, greys, sky blues and even some greens in the top left of the picture.


The main defined features are the beak and the eye. The feathers blur into the white background which I really like. I also like the reflection of the blue skies and the trees in the bird's eye. I realise that this almost sounded like an English lesson with all the symbolism and stuff, but I hope you enjoyed looking at these pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment