Tuesday 22 April 2014

'There's a Heron in the garden!'


On Sunday, I was doing my art homework when my nannie screamed 'Billy! There's a heron in the garden!' I ran to get my camera from my bedroom, inserted a random memory card and sprinted to the kitchen window. I managed to get a few shots before it angelically flew away.
 I have seen them in my patch before, but never actually in my garden. My garden is defiantly becoming more biologically diverse, which I partly thank the pond for! 

________________________________
========================================

The heron returned today (Tuesday) which is great news!
He/She (guessing he) will hopefully be a regular visitor, and if he is I will make sure to get a camera set up down there!

Grey Heron enjoying the sun and taking a stroll around my wildlife garden!




Their wing span is HUGE, nearly 2 metres!

Heres another heron which was bathing in one of london's parks! It's great to see wildlife thriving in urban places.



Update:
The blue tit couple have now got 7 eggs in the nest, and the female has started to incubate with the male regularly popping in feeder her insects! 

5 eggs on the nest - taken a couple of days ago.

Here is an aerial view of this years bird box set up!
As you can see I have made sure to place the external bird box camera along the flight path of the birds, on their way to the bird feeders (which they visit loads!)
The bird box is in a great place, with water very nearby and food close by too. I hope the birds appreciate it!

Aerial view of this years bird box set-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment